Victim Support National Conference 2004
Booking procedure and notes for external organisations/individuals
The booking form [pdf] is for external organisations and/or for individuals who represent organisations other than Victim Support.
The cost of attending the conference varies according to the number of nights you wish to stay. All meals and facilities are included in the cost unless otherwise stated.
There are two different types of accommodation at the University of Warwick, which are of different standards. The standard bedroom consists of a single room with no ensuite facilities. The ensuite bedroom consists of a single room with ensuite facilities. The differences are reflected in the prices.
If you are a non-residential delegate, your evening meals will not be provided. However, if you do wish to attend the private dinner on Wednesday 7 July, there will be an additional cost of £25.00.
Booking periods and deadlines
If you have to cancel your place, please state this in writing to the events team. This is subject to an cancellation fee, as we do not have a budget to cover cancellation charges enforced by the University of Warwick. Delegates are advised to seek their own replacement before cancelling their place.
Conference sessions option form
Each delegate will have the opportunity to attend conference sessions. These will run over the three days of conference. Please choose different sessions for each day.
Please note that each session will have one of the following descriptions. Please only book on to a focus group session if you have the relevant knowledge or experience.
- Seminar - a short lecture-style session where one or more 'experts' will share information and knowledge about an issue or area of practice. A time slot will be left at the end for questions and answers.
- Workshop - a longer, participatory and in-depth learning session with a facilitator leading on the subject matter. As well as lecture-style elements it will include other activities such as exercises and group activities. There should also be time for feedback and questions.
- Focus group - led by a facilitator with a specific interest in the focus topic. These sessions should be discussion-based and seek to encourage problem solving, share information, knowledge and experience about an issue. Focus groups give the facilitator a chance to float ideas, get feedback or get a range of views on an issue to help inform the development of their work. Delegates attending will be expected to have a sound knowledge and/or expertise in the subject matter.
- Surgery - this is where delegates can drop in or make an appointment to have one to one sessions or to ask questions about the topic covered.
- Presentation - A simple presentation is given by the team to inform delegates about the topic covered. This session is not a seminar or workshop.
Please fill in the conference session option form indicating which sessions you would like to attend. Please indicate ten options in order of priority with number one being your first choice. We will endeavour to allocate delegates to their chosen sessions, but places are subject to availability.
Booking forms and payment
Full payment or a written invoice request must be sent with the booking form to secure a place. Phone or written reservations will not be accepted without payment. Cheques must be made payable to Victim Support and stapled to the booking form attached. Please also ensure that you take a copy of the booking form for your reference.
Joining instructions (which will include a receipt confirming your conference sessions alongside programme information) will be sent to you once your booking form and payment have been processed by the events team.
We are unable to make a booking if booking forms are filled incorrectly. They will be returned for further clarification, which will hold up booking your place.
No twin rooms have been booked this year, as we cannot guarantee the standard of this accommodation. If you are travelling with a companion, please request rooms adjacent to one another and state this on the booking form.
If you have any dietary or access requirements then please do state this on the booking form. We will endeavour to make sure that your requirements are met. It is vital that you let Clare Flory know well in advance to prevent any problems during the conference.
Please return the following:
- booking form
- Conference sessions booking form [pdf]
- invoice request/cheque payable to Victim Support
to: Clare Flory, Events Officer, Victim Support, Cranmer House, 39 Brixton Road, London SW9 6DZ.
If you have any queries about the National Conference then please contact Clare (firstname.lastname@example.org or via TextDirect 18002 0207 896 3947).