Back to original page
Want to see our PECS?
Our PECS - Post Election Challenges for the new government:
- Help and support all victims, not just those who report crimes or go to court.
- Stop penalising victims on benefits who get criminal injuries compensation.
- Give more support to young witnesses in court.
- Pay compensation orders from public funds (and recover the money from offenders).
- Meet the needs of crime victims across all public services.
- Get rid of the 'postcode lottery' in funding for victim and witness services.
- Don't charge charities for checking if volunteers have criminal records.
- Make sure that victims know help is available, whether or not they tell the police.
- Crime will always be with us, so make a long-term commitment to helping victims and witnesses.
Are you up to the challenge? Help us make a better future for victims of crime. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
© Victim Support
Page printed: 16 October 2019
Top of page