Evaluation of the Street Crime Initiative: supporting victims and witnesses of street crime: a joined-up approach
Victim Support received Home Office funding from July 2002 - March 2003 to enhance its services towards victims and witnesses of street crime.
This report presents an evaluation of the work of Victim Support and the Witness Service to meet the Street Crime Initiative's 'premium service' objectives: to provide a seamless service to victims and witnesses of street crime, and encourage closer working of criminal justice agencies.
- Summary of findings (pdf)
- Summary of findings (html)
- Full report [pdf copy]
- Full report [html]:
- Introduction and overview
- Funding issues for service providers
- Victim Support and Witness Service providers
- Victim Support services in the community: users experience
- The Witness Service: users experience
- Conclusions and recommendations