How we promote victims' and witnesses' rights
As Victim Support has grown, we have been pioneers in setting standards for the treatment of victims and witnesses and have campaigned for the implementation of those standards.
We work closely with professionals in the criminal justice system and beyond, and with a wide range of government departments, statutory and voluntary organisations. We use our professional contacts to represent the interests of victims and witnesses and to influence national policy.
We use every way possible to promote victims' interests. For example, we:
- play an active role in victim-related committees with government and other agencies
- give evidence to official enquiries
- respond to government and other organisations' consultation documents and draft legislation
- commission and conduct research and write reports
- organise and contribute to conferences and training programmes
- work with the media.
- Our achievements in criminal justice
- Our achievements in social policy
- Victim Support's current work in promoting victims' and witnesses' rights
- Victims' rights