Back to original page

Children and young people - Information for under-12s

If you're upset by or worried about a crime - maybe someone is bullying you or has taken something from you, or perhaps the crime has been against someone in your family or a friend - it can really help to talk with someone.

Victim Support isn't just for adults. We help children too. We can listen to you, talk through what has happened to you and help you decide what you want to happen next.

We think it is usually better if you can tell your parents what has happened. But this can be very difficult. If you want, we can help you talk to your parents about what has happened to you. If you don't want to tell them, we can still talk with you and we can also put you in touch with other organisations which can help you.

And if you have been asked to go to court as a witness, our Witness Service is there to support you. The person who has asked you to be a witness will be able to put you in touch with your local Witness Service or you can find their address on this site.

ABA logo
Victim Support is a member of the Anti-Bullying Alliance.

More on this topic

Related topics

© Victim Support
Page printed: 16 October 2019

Top of page